Blu-ray all zone
Ratio of the feature film:
Languages of the feature film:
DTS Master Audio 5.1: English
Dolby 5.1: German, Italian, Japanese, Castilian Spanish
Dolby 2.0: 2 commentaries
Subtitles for all the videos:
English, German, Italian, Japanese, Castilian Spanish
Extra subtitles only available for the feature film:
Danish, Finnish, Greek, Hindi, Norwegian, Swedish, Turkish and English for Hard of Hearing
Very good picture and sound for this master-piece which was well restored.
A true pleasure to watch this film again in such fantastic conditions.
The colours were corrected and balanced and clearly it makes a difference as explained in the restoration documentary.
Thanks to the Blu-ray, we can not only watch the film with (or without) the intermission as originally released in 1961:
- With intermission: 161 minutes
- Without intermission: 156 minutes
But we can also see some details we were not meant to see !
- Model of the island exploding at the end at the film is quite obvious especially when the cannons are falling into the sea.
- We can even see the join of paint on the "wallpaper" imitating the skyline during the explosion scene.
- Pictures added in post-production are not that unobtrusive, for instance the "citadel" of Navarone and the island where the citadel is supposed to be or when the team is supposedly being climbing, for all the shot, the sea was added in post-prod.
- The shadow of the 35 mm camera is visible on the top of the truck when they are escaping (interrogation scene, at 96 min and 50 sec without intermission selected)
Nevertheless, this motion picture is fantastic with a good story-line and some great sceneries of Greece.
You shall not be disappointed.