Blu-ray all zone
Ratio of the feature film:
Languages of the feature film:
DTS Master Audio 5.1: English
Dolby 2.0: French, German, Castilian Spanish, Italian
Dolby 1.0: Latin Spanish
Subtitles for all the videos:
French, German, Italian, Castilian Spanish, Latin Spanish, Danish, Finnish, Greek, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish and English for the hearing impaired
An average picture which not seems to have been fully restored, what a pity for such a good film. The English soundtrack is good except the surround channels which are not used enough like on the DVD soundtrack. Overall, the transfer used for the DVD seems to have been used for this Blu-Ray but with too few enhancements.
The picture is still better than the DVD but nothing exceptional especially when you compare it to the James Bond collection for instance which is outstanding.
The only advantage of this edition is that it looks dated which can be interpreted as good due to the fact the story takes place you-know-when.
Still, with the high definition, you will be able to notice:
* the special effect of the 60s, for instance, the army barrack added in post-production when Major Smith looks at them with his binoculars.
* the stunt double of Mr Eastwood and Mr Burton on the roof of the cable-car.
* or at the very end, when Major Smith who is at the front of the red bus after having finished to shoot at the soldiers, he starts running to catch the plane, we can see another stuntman standing for Mr Burton.
* and the best, how to knock over a german "jeep", if you are taking a good look at the jeep just before to be overturned, you will notice some cables which are being pulled to make the vehicle overturned plus the dummies inside, you will see this at the airport for the 2 vehicles and for the other vehicles.
* the first "green screen technology" which was called the "front projection effect" at that time used a couple of times is more unostentatious but still visible.
Nevertheless, enjoy this great classic and its great scenery of the Austrian Alps.
Bonus in standard definition:
* the theatrical trailer (no subtitle)
* Vintage Featurette On location (the original making-of, length: 12 min)