Now before I start this review I just want to say that I am a massive James bond fan, and I have been since I was a small boy. I have always loved the action, the gadgets, the guns, the girls and the main man himself........ James Bond.
To me Brosnan was my favourite Bond along with good ol'Connery, so I was very sad to hear that Brosnan was not returning for Bond 21, in fact I was not pleased with who they chose to replace him, that being Daniel Craig but boy was I wrong!
Now a lot of people do not like this film simply for the reason that they believe it's not a 'real' James bond film, but I beg to differ............
It's actually the closest thing to a real bond film if you ask me. If you read the book it's based on (wrote by the man who created bond) then you will see just how good of a film it really is!
So what, it doesn't have over the top gadgets or over the top explosions, it doesn't have a stupid plot and bond isn't portrayed as invincible for once, if you want all that then go and see Die Another Day)
- If you want a film that has a smart plot, interesting characters and a human bond that can actually receive as much punches as he gives out then this is one of the best and realistic bond films to date
- The plot is probably one of the best plots in a bond film, it is realistic and it really does make you think. The film doesn't dumb the story down for people which I think shows respect to the audience.
- The film takes you to some wonderful and beautiful locations that are just full of life and colour; it really does make you want to be there.
- Also a lot of people think that the action is too far apart, which to me isn't true. It has a nice mix of action and drama that work well and move the film along nicely. But what a lot of people don't actually know is that Casino Royale is supposed to be more of a thriller than an action film, and I think it succeeded that. If you want an all out action film then go watch Crank or something
- Even though I really love the cool gadgets, this film doesn't need them, it really is that good
I give it a solid 9/10 and I am now looking forward very much to Bond 22.
Thanks for reading; I hope I helped some of you