My daughter has the previous version of this which she use's for her 3rd Gen Touch.
However, I bought one of these for my own 4th Gen touch, but along with other people who also own either a 4th Gen touch or have updated there 3rd Gen touch to IOS4, this dock has compatibility issues.
1) 50% of the time it fails to charge and shows the 'Charging not supported with this device ' other times it's ok
2) 90% of the time the sound comes from the iPOD and it takes re-docking and turning the power of to get audio from the docking station
3) The Radio reception is pretty poor ( but then it was on version 1 )
4) The EQ settings are not saved , they always revert to Bass +2, Treble 0. ( same as version 1 )
5) The display is on par with a solar flare during the night, it must be made from a WWII search light.
Granted, it's 14.99, but would you buy a new car for a pound if it was designed without wheels ?