I recently spoilt myself on a new tv, upgrading from a Samsung 32" HD ready. SO WORTH IT.
Full HD / 3D / HD Freeview / Internet TV and the fantastic Sony playstation Home menu makes this tv a breeze to setup and a joy to watch.
Best experienced with a Sony Cinema System, with a simple hdmi cable and an optical cable comes automatic sound switch over (smart switch for the tv to mute and all sound to come from the surround, turn it off and the tv turns its sound back on)
With the Sony Home you can turn on the sony appliances with a touch of a button.
Also works very well with PS3, turns on as well through the tv with a touch of a button from the Sony Home.
Both the ps3 and sony cinema system allow full access with the one and only tv remote, just like using the original. (Ofcourse for the ps3 you would want to switch back to a controller when playing games).
Only thing to remember when buying a tv like this is:
1) 3d glasses, they cost around 80-120 pounds each. Keep them safe!
2) HDMI Cables - Best to get the newset needed for 3d playback (version 1.4 3D compatible)
3) Full integration with a Sony Cinema System needs an Optical Wire
4) PS3 3D needs the newest HDMI cable to work (1.4 3D compatible)
5) Sony Internet TV will only work wirelessly with Sony Toggle (80 pound approx), LAN is available.
Enjoy this amazing TV now!
Most 3D movies will be releasing from and re-releasing through 2011 (mostly end of). Get Avatar in 3D, apparently the best 3D movie available this year and it isn't even out yet.