Truly the worst purchase i have ever made, please don't waste your money on this unit. I have had three units as they were all faulty, the issues are with the software. recording from TV is restricted to the channel you are watching and i have not yet managed to record first time to DVD, have to re-do three/four times to get discs to finalise
awful awful awful.
terrible design, you have to refer to the manual for the most basic functions, nothing is intuitive and the gui is ugly. I only have this because I swapped it for a PVR to burn some discs, I'm glad I didn't pay cash, I wouldn't pay more than £40 for a new one. 2 stars because at least it works once you get your head round it!
I've also read bad reviews of this recorder, but have no problems myself. It needs a bit of tweeking with the settings to get the best out of the image quality, as does all hdtv's and gadgets plugged into them. Maybe it's because i have a samsung LCD that i can get the best out of it. Definately a good buy for the money, makes good copies onto DVD too.
I made a mistake buying this machine.
1) Only starts record in standby.
2) Freeview guide loses info when you change channel. It is very slow.
3) Can't pause playback for longer than 5 mins, then you lose your place.
4)Information panels poorly designed, waste space available.
5) Doesn't save progam title for recording.
6) Recorded picture quality poor, has many freezes.
7) Delay between pressing button and action.
8) Copy HDD to DVD very slow, takes 25 mins plus for 2 hr program.
To summarise, just awful, there are many more problems, my advice is just avoid it.