I'll begin with the good bits about the game. The layout of the game is nice and simple (With tutorials to help out if you required them), and the control system is VERY easy to get used to due to the DS's touch screen. The live commentary is a neat touch as well, a little similar to the Football Manager games.
However, this is let down by quite a few things:
1. A VERY out of date roster. My team, Cardiff City, still had Matt Green (Sold), Robbie Fowler (Free to Blackburn), Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink (Released and retired), Steve Thompson (Free to Burnley), Michael Oakes (Released) and Glenn Loovens (Sold to Celtic), maybe one or two others, and yet had no Comminges (Our first signing of the summer), Heaton, Bothroyd and E. Johnson. Had McCormack though, which makes it more strange.
2. Loans are very messed up. I loaned Kalou (Don't ask how) for an initial 11 weeks (Max it'll allow). I looked at his contract, had him till 2010. Very strange. Same went with Vela and Baines (Again, don't ask how).
3. Some players drop drastically in rating for no apparent reason. I had Vela playing (And scoring) a lot, he was rated in the high 60's/low 70's. After one random game, his rating dropped below 50!!! He wasn't suspended or injured.
4. It's unrealistic. As well as the Kalou and Baines loans, I got promoted as Cardiff to the Premiership, and looked at players out of contract. I was able to get Petr Cech, Steven Gerrard, Wes Brown, Xabi Alonso, Nicolas Anelka and Dimitar Berbatov all to me. This obviously put me in real money problems, which is also confusing. Surely I should be sacked if I'm £30m in debt???
5. Lack of content. What you see in terms of players and teams is what you get. You can only manage in the english league, and buy players only in the english league (So if you're a prem team, your pool of players good enough for your club is very low). I know this might be due to DS limitations, but surely 1 or 2 more top leagues wouldn't have gone amiss.
If you can find this on the cheap, I'd consider giving it a shot just because it's a simple on the go game. Other than that, I wouldn't recommend it.