I just wrote a massive review but it was lost when I submitted. I will update this at a later date but fundamentally the game is weak, irrespective of login / always online problems, which I don't care about.
1. The city sizes are not cities, they are small towns.
2. The linking between towns is very buggy for e.g water, electricity, commuters.
3. Game is very linear and click from one thing to the next, rather than being a clever economy / proper city sim... it's basically just like an addictive facebook game where you click from one level to the next, down the set process.
4. Read the game's forums and you'll see many other issues. Including a guy who has $52m after 1 in game day in one un-linked town, due to trading processors. This is really stupid and emphasises the linear, one-right-way process.
5. AI for busses, garbage trucks etc is poor as they all just follow eachother around.
6. Can't connect to friends in game.