At under a Tenner you can't ask more for this game.
I pre-ordered this and i can say that i'm still playing it on and off, so spending £25 6 months ago has proved to be a good investment.
At the time i first had this i had a Nvidia 7950GX2 card and this game with all the graphics turned up (running 1280x1024) it stressed the card but apart from the occasional glitch and bit of lag it didn't cause any real issues.
I've now upgraded my system and now get no issues with any lag (8800GTX's in SLI).
You do suffer from what i consider long level loading times but i'd prefer longer loads rather than trouble inside the game.
The graphics are wonderful. The outside zones are very realistic and i like the radiation effects and the piles of junk and disused gear.
I have found the game tough to play on the default level as the weapons used against you are deadly (and so they should be) until you can get better body armour and better weapons to kill them quickly.
The game is fully free roaminig, you can travel where you want and can if you wish pick up plenty of side missions that keep you moving around the map.
The main story within the game is a good thing, it's not a fantastic story but just as you forget about it, it pops back up and keeps you determined to move that bit further into the zone.
You have a PDA that keeps a track of your missions, the data you've found, what you need to do next and info on the entire zone and it's inhabitants. It also provides maps and icons as to where your markers are for things.
Now for the things that annoy me. You can clear off 'A Farm' of Bandits and then you'll find yourself going back that way and pop, the bandits are back.
Some of the missions don't work very well. I was asked to help a team take out a 'bandit' camp. I did this (it was tough but fun) however the character that asked me to help got killed and so i can't finish nor delete the mission.
Anyways i gave it 4 stars it would have got 5 if it hadn't the cons listed below.
1. Great Atmosphere, the graphics are lush and the music works a treat.
2. Good Range of Weapons and basic body Armours.
3. Nice Maps, the design of the towns/villages and cities makes you think they've actually looked at real maps (maybe they have)
4. Good AI. When you're playing with NPC's they act and duck and provide accurate fire etc. This applies to the mobs, they also can be annoying and hide when you don't want them to.
5. Massive map with great playability.
6. Deadly, you can't take many bullets before being killed.
1. PDA doesn't remember what you've read, so when you hear the PDA updated you have to hunt for the new info.
2. The MAP's can be annoying as you have to wait for them to zoom in at times, whilst you're in PDA mode you can see be shot up.
3. The Inventory is a bit small but very realisitic, ie you can't carry more than 3 weapons without problems.
4. Bandit/Mob camps respawn...
All in all great atmosphere, you feel depressed when running around the zone. It's very deadly at times, has a number of surpises, features pretty good AI and will keep you occupied for hours.