I bought this game after seeing loads of videos on youtube. Thought to give it a try. Especially because I liked combat system in this game. But after more than 10 h in the game my interest went downhill pretty fast. Here's why :
- people complained about bosses in this game but to be honest once you know how to kill them its pretty straight forward and easy. I killed Bell Gargoyles alone and in my second try. Using only melee combat. But annoying thing is not bosses but every other creature in this game that is without mercy for you. Plus they can still kill you through walls ( if they swing their sword and you are standing on the other side of the wall then you will get damaged. )
- Grind Grind Grind. You will spend most of your time getting those souls to level up. Which is frustrating and it takes away HUGE amount of entertainment. It feels more like chores or work to do.
And to top that up you need souls to buy things and repair things. I just can't spend that much time just to get to another level. Boring.
It should be "level up" as you go.
- No manual. You will never know where to go and what to do. Just wander aimlessly to look for hidden treasures and to kill bosses. On top of that there is no tutorial what should you do so expect to look in the net often. Some people like to discover things and just explore. But in this case it takes atmosphere out of the game. Very little story telling. Skyrim has way better story telling than this game.
- Open world. Non existent. Sure it looks huge but its limited by walls, mountains etc. So in the end you will feel like in never ending TUNNEL. It is very similar to Fable 3. Where you go from one location to another. Except the loading screens.
- Very hard to join your friends game. You have to be at the same server and at the same location, level. No voice chat... Fail.
Overall I had a very boring dull experience with this game. I'm not going to recommend this game to anyone who have "Life" lol. But if you like to die and loose your "money" quite often or if you like to "level" up for HOURS then grab yourself a copy.