These two games are classics, nothing can compete with these nowadays, especially silent hill 2, both games are very memorable and had decent graphics in both even when it was on the Playstation 2. You can tell silent hill 3 had the most improvement for the graphics... obviously because it came out after, Anyways what annoyed me most of all with the high definition collection, is that how on earth have they made so many problems to these classics.
1. Framerate now for me playing the games hasn't really affected me that bad compared to silent hill downpour!! And thats a 2012 game? Now thats a different review to tell. Good story, flawed game, Enough said.
2. Even though silent hill 4 the room wasn't for everyone, still would of been an extra bonus to give to us, ever game counts.
3. I do have to admit about the fog, it made the streets a bit to clean on silent hill 2 also another problem is when you run in silent hill, you can slide when trying to stop, now thats annoying but funny.
4. Now I must admit the new voices will not be for everyone but I did like the new voices but i felt it was a bit to dramatised and for some odd reason the original voices had more emotion to them a way that drag you in to the madness of silent hill and made such a hit
5. Yep theres lots of problems to theses game, and I know i've left some out, like for example the voices wasn't matching when speaking on both games, and in silent hill 3, slow motion when enemies are nearby and so on but its still an enjoyable collection to have just wished they didn't rush with it to be honest. Silent hill deserves a lot better. It just feels to rushed into, I think people will agree?
Now why I'm rating this top marks, because even though there is so many problems to this, i can't give it poor marks because of the flaws, I'm giving these top marks because the story and its in high definition and these games, you just don't get any of these types of games anymore, good scares and a very, very good story from start to finish now if you can get by the annoying things they have done to these games and focus on playing both storys, you'll be in for a good ride and you will know why these are made classics.
Also graphics are not everything, I know it certainly does help, but I think nowadays, a lot of games focus on just the graphics and less on the story thats why silent hill are classic because of how indepth theses storylines are, perferbly silent hill 2.
All I can say is, turn off the lights, put on the surround sound, get stuck in to the game, preferably on your own and be ready for some great scares that you just can't manage to get in games nowadays, enjoy