Having loved "Tools of Destruction" and "A Crack in Time" I was really excited to see the 3rd and final in the Future Series.
However, I am hugely disappointed. It feels as though the developers have created this game for the sole purpose of having to finish the series. There's nothing new and the storyline is a watery good-conquers-evil plot. The worst part is it only lasts 8 hours... and that includes collecting all the hidden items, such as gold bolts and Rhino holo-plans.
It's also missing a lot of small details that made the other 2 titles so good:
- No space travel and visiting different sectors/ planets / moons (simply blast-off to the next level)
- Smuggler turns up for all of 2 minutes
- Quark plays no part in the story, except for a quick cameo
- Battle arena is over very quickly
- Barely any weapons or armour (all weapons are re-hashes of old ones)
- The ship no longer speaks and isn't a character in the story
- NO PIRATES!!!
- ...and much more
Overall this game will be a massive disappointment to die-hard fans of the series. It truly feels like Insomnia have created a game, with a shrug of the shoulders and a "meh."
Worth a quick blast, but wait until it's in the bargain bucket!