My five year old daughter is a big fan of the SpongeBob cartoon and she also likes her racing games too. So when we saw this game Spongebob Boating Bash on the Wii it was a no brainer and I'm glad we did buy it because it's great fun in four player mode. You start off with four characters which are SpongeBob, Patrick, Sandy and Squidward. There are a further five more characters to unlock in the Learn To D.R.I.V.E. lessons which are Mr. Krabs, Plankton, Mrs. Puff, Mermaidman & Barnacleboy who drive together and Seymour Scales. There are six different modes for you test your demolition driving skills out on which are as follows:
1. Destruction: You need to hit the other boatmobiles in the arena and pick up as many of the other players parts as possible.
2. Recklessness: The person with the most points wins by hitting other boats in the arena.
3. Reckless Velocity: When racing collect the most points by hitting other boats and you also need to finish the race before the time runs out.
4. Impairment: Knock out as many other boats as you can, as quickly as you can.
5. Velocity: Race to victory while other drivers will attempt to win the race by any means possible.
6. Escape: Knock out as many other boats as you can while they just keep coming after you.
There are many different types of boats for you to race and smash with such as the Hot Rodder, Swampboat, Cuttle-lac, Hovercraft, Sub and many more. The voices of each of the different characters which you play as is featured in the game and the graphics really capture the look of the cartoon. The story which runs through the main game is rather funny and they say funny things when they hit each other too. This is a great racing game for all the family to enjoy even more so if you like the SpongeBob cartoon like my family do. Other wonderful family racing games we enjoy playing together on the Wii are Madagascar: Kartz , Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing and Mario Kart Wii.