A few weeks ago I was very close to buying a PS3, just because it seemed better value for money at the time due to having Wi-Fi and Blu Ray.
However, now that Microsoft has slashed the price of its Xbox 360 console (which is the BEST decision they have ever made) and I have done extensive research into the Xbox 360 - I have just purchased an Xbox 360 myself.
For anyone thinking of getting an Xbox 360, here's some info aquired from my research:
1) IGN have rated over 19 Xbox 360 games superior to the PS3, this clearly shows the amazing power of this console.
2) The Xbox 360 can be connected directly into a cable modem that has an RJ45 Ethernet socket. This means you don't need to buy a router, you don't need to buy the optional Wi-Fi adapter and you can achive the fastest most secured connection to Xbox LIVE available.
3) The Xbox 360 controllers can be fitted with 2 disposable or rechargable Ni-MH AA batteries. You can also buy the Official Battery Pack if you don't own a battery charger.
4) Xbox 360 allows you to play ANY music in a game, so if you want to listen to Des O'Conner whilst playing GTA IV you can!!!
5) Xbox 360 will be getting a dashboard update on the 19th November 2008 via Xbox LIVE. This update will offer many new features; including the ability to install games on the Hard-Drive; resulting in faster loading games and a cooler quieter console. Xbox Experience will also be available allowing users to create Avatars!
6) Xbox 360 is getting exclusive add-on packs for GTA IV and Tomb Raider: Underworld. Xbox 360 owners can also buy the excellent Fable II which is a fantastic game!
7) The new Xbox 360 60GB is a much more reliable console than previous versions and is fitted with improved technology. Older consoles suffered from overheating (known as the Red Ring of Death) but this problem should now be history.
8) The Xbox 360 dashboard is clear, colourful and very easy to use. Out of all the next generation consoles, this dashboard is the most logical and enjoyable to use.