I have a 500Gb WD external drive attached to one of the ports, this currently holds over 600 video files, all can be accessed by my Philips Streamium player downstairs.
- 2 x external ports
- Works with my Philips media player (no more leaving the PC on!)
- Supports a USB printer
- Very good network drive (no drivers required!)
- Handles FAT32/NTFS on external USB drives
- Doesn't allow full control of external USB drives if not in native format (i.e. can not directly store files on drive!).
- User interface seems slow to respond (considering I have a 100mb connection)
- Some options not straight forward.
I only gave it the 4 stars because of my negative remarks, however I do like this device and it's working fine for me. If you need a network drive then this is perfect, if you need a media server then this works (for me).
UPDATE : I've now downgraded this to 3 stars, still works fine as a network drive but the media functionality has been problematic and I've stopped using it for this purpose!