Well it seems that the talent at Ubisoft have taken all the feedback from the first game and done a grand job whilst keeping the beautiful in-play graphics - the cities are incredible and so fun to explore; however, as another reviewer mentioned, the character models outside of gameplay are rather poor, but the rest is staggering.
Some improvements in this one include:
- You can swim, and dive beneath the surface to hide (but not explore)
- If you fall you can press the circle button to try and grip again - has saved me a couple of times. Also if you press the X button it can reduce the damage you take.
- There are shops where you can buy medicine (you don't heal as fast, but now can do something about it, even mid combat), armour, and other things to customise your character or improve your villa (later in story but a good villa gets an income so you can get better kit).
- Lots more weopons, alot you unlock during story gameplay
- Great story and credible characters
- Lots of optional sidequests which aren't just saving someone from a beat up
- Good controls and clearer indicators about your wanted level and how to get rid of it
- Different guard types so not all can free run
- Great fighting techniques, you can make some very cinematic displays with practise
- "Loot the bodies" (not everyone will get that reference)
- More creative assassination options
Overall a fantastic game, and although some may say it's a little slow to start, I didn't mind as it fitted the story. If you enjoyed the first, then you'll love this second!