1. I'm a big fan of the games, so probably a little bias
2. The first film - brilliant, 2nd - ok, 3rd - passable (just), 4th - awful, 5th...beyond bad!
5 reasons not to buy or watch this film
1. Characters are constantly posed - it's as if they are shooting stills for a BDSM magazine. They are so oblivious, or immune, to gun fire that they often stand openly in gun fights, rather than "duck and cover" just so that they can pose some more.
2. Every character from the RE game franchise has been shoe-horned in (with only Barry and Jill being adequately cast IMHO). Good to see Michelle Rodriguez smile for once though (she should do it more often, 'cause she's a babe).
3. Yet again, Mr Anderson has gone for bright colours and flashy (completely pointless) aerobatics, rather than spending the time to learn to read and write and come up with a decent plot.
4. They have clearly ripped off "Aliens" with the whole alien taking little girl nonsense.
5. The actor playing Wesker still can't act his way out of a paper bag.
Oh, and I almost forgot...
6. The ending sucks and is quite obviously leaving things open for Mr Anderson to come back and make an even worse film to keep him in crayons and colouring books.
Want to watch a really good Game/Comic film?
Watch "Dredd" (not the Stallone one, the Urban one), Doom (Urban again) or Wanted (McAvoy) - but whatever you do, do not give anymore money to Mr Anderson otherwise he'll go and make another awful film.