After having a Sky + box for 4 years I've always been a big fan - it's simple to use and much more convenient...recently though I begun questioning the validity of forking out £18 a month when all I was doing was recording freeview channels. Hence I purchased this Humax and overall I'm very happy it. It's worth considering the following pros and cons though when purchasing one:
- Excellent picture quality - a noticeable improvement on the Sky + machine particulary with football.
- 160 Gb Hard Drive. Although pretty standard now you should never run out of space!
- Noisy fan which is always on when you are watching/recording. You will need to have the telly on quite loud to drown it out. I just ignore it but it may bother some..
- No Audio Output so you cannot connect directly to an Amp (you need to upgrade to the 9300). I've connected phone leads from the telly to the Amp which does the job - nb - you will need to have the volume on max for you to hear it via the Amp.
- Tries to be to clever sometimes with some unnecessary functionality
- High quality remote control but one or two essential buttons can only be found by pushing down the cover on the bottom half of the remote which is a bit stiff.