This really is a great game and at £17.99 you can't go wrong!
I bought this game because I decided I needed a change from my normal shoot-em-ups (COD3, COD4, Rainbow Six Vegas, Stranglehold etc.).
I expected the game to be good and I was not dissapointed!
The Good -
- Graphics (especially on a HD TV) are breathtaking.
- The soundtrack is brilliant, with some great electronic music tracks from Warp Records (What a surprise! Well done Bizzare!).
- Achievements are fun and quite easy to get.
- The range of cars is brilliant, with some really random and interesting veichles.
- Online is fun, with a variety of challenges and modes to keep you occupied.
- There's a pretty massive choice of paint schemes for your cars, it can be great fun picking out the best one!
- Arcade mode is great, with lots of content to keep you occupied.
The Bad -
- When playing online, it's often just a game of bulldog, with people ramming you all over the place, this can become very annoying!
- The addition of bikes is nice, but you just can't compete when racing against cars.
- After playing for while, it can seem like you are just playing for the sake of reaching number one!
Overall, this is a great game. It's fun, graphically and adually brilliant and a great alternative to shoot-em-ups which seem to dominate the xbox 360!
At £17.99, this game is an absolute bargain!