This player is amazing yes you have heard it before. But hwy is it amazing
1) Sound quality is excellent, the bass and the earphones that come as standard is just perfect. It looks wierd at first but pop it in ur ear and u would understand the ergonomics of it.
2) The video functionality make the Ipod video redundant. A friend once called it a HDTV screen. Thats how clear the video is on it. This goes for the picture quality
3)The software is actually good. I do not understand what people mean by faulty but the software is pretty amazing, especially when it comes to transferring album art, its much easier than the Ipod and the album art sticks to the music file even when put into itunes. A simply drag and drop of pictures automatically assigns the picture, simple as.
3) In terms of size, absolutely light, nothing too bulky, although if u are like me and have large hands, it could prove a weird, again u get used to it.
4) this really should be one, the battery life is on another level, absolutely long lasting, 5 days without charging and used at approximately 6 hours each day and it still had enough juice left (bout a third)
4) My sister ditches her Ipod in favour of mine any chance she gets
5) 8GB might seem small, but I decided to follow Sony's advice and actually use the convert to ATRAC when transferring to player option and i have about 2000 songs which i converted at Atrac 64kbps, and the damn quality remains sounds like a 128kb mp3 quality even better wen u tune the EQ and i still have a whooping 4gb left to play with. how good is that, and i have no problems with the software converting the tracks on my computer to ATRAC why? Because i turn off that options , so to all those that compalin about the software converting ur main music files to atrac, please turn off the option ,its not sony's fault.
I love this product simply