So Pixie brought out Mama Do and Boys & Girls, and to be quite honest she didnt interest me in the slightest. I thought she was one of these one hit wonders thatd be about for a short time.
Then slowly I heard more of Cry Me Out and then Jack and become COMPLETELY converted.
I bought the album, still not holding out too much hope but I liked two songs so chances are I might like the rest of the album.
And it was one of those albums I bought and it turned out better than I ever imagined. This girl is actually really really REALLY talented and great at writing music.
I bought 4 other albums and havent really played them because Ive been so besotted with this. It is definitely a females album though and any girl can relate to the lyrics.
I recently came out of a relationship and to be honest I think this album helped me more than anything, I always have it blasting singing along.
The two songs Im not really fussed on is Mama Do and Boys & Girls, but even then I still sing along and enjoy them when they're on now. The rest of the songs are amazing though. The lyrics in Jack are so unbelievably creative, Cry Me Out is also a belter and Turn It Up is another great one!
1. Mama Do .... Why should I feel ashamed? Feeling guilty at the mention of your name.
2. Cry Me Out .... Mate, youre too late, and you werent worth the wait.
3. Band Aid .... When I met you I didnt really like you, first impressions were you were somebody whod walk by when I waved at you and said Hi.
4. Turn It Up .... Have you heard theres this thing that heals, and its called time, clock can tick away, happy will fall in place, and though, my heart will break, a new me will fill the space.
5. Boys & Girls ... I can see the silhouettes dancing up against the wall, it sure feels good, feels good, yeah were gonna lose control.
6. Gravity .... When all my family, they always telling me to be through with you, And I know that deep down I'm callin time on you.
7. My Love .... Running in circles, lets get it past the hassle, it aint worth it and this cant work baby.
8. Jack .... And I cant get over that, baby after loving Jack, there aint no going back, going back!
9. Nothing Compares .... They say if it doesnt kill you itll make you stronger. Oh, but I cant be without you any longer.
10. Here We Go Again .... I need my medicine and the cure aint aspirin.
11. The Way The World Works .... Theres so much in life thats undecided, theres so much trouble thats uninvited.
12. Hold Me In Your Arms .... Dreaming of soft cotton clouds, I feel close to you now.
Cant recommend this enough guys! I cant wait for her next album already.