This phone replaced my Nokia 5500, because its keypad completely split. No danger of this happening with the Samsung, which is very well put together.
(btw, I should say that the phone sent was the black/grey version rather than the black/red one advertised)
You are unlikely to have come across this phone at random (there's nothing on the Samsung mobile UK site) and are probably looking for a phone that can be mistreated and abused without a problem.
The 2100 (also known as Solid Extreme) certainly fits the bill.
I have had the phone a couple of weeks now & am happy to give it a decent review.
- It is a terrific tough phone, dustproof & waterproof to 1m
- I've dropped it a few times, no damage at all
- It has a bright, single LED torch, v useful
- The software is quick, very nice user interface (this is the first Samsung I have owned in years).
Not so good things
- The memory is small; buy a decent MicroSD card if you want to store lots of music/ images/ video
- The Samsung PC Studio suite does not work with my bluetooth laptop, so transferring music files is laborious, and has to be done one at a time using Vista's software
- The battery life monitor is erratic; sometimes it says there is a low battery (no bars), but when you restart it has 4 bars. The battery life *is* very good though, lasting 5 days+ if on standby (I am a low call user)
- Whilst on the train, the phone kept dropping calls, which i had not noticed previously with the Nokia
- There is no UK support for this phone on the Samsung Mobile website, so once you've got it, you are pretty much on your own
However, the minor niggles do not detract from the overall rating of the phone - it's hard as nails, easy to use & call quality is good.
If you want a toughphone with a good balance of features, this is it. A big recommend.