Fallout New Vegas... As the title of my review suggests this is one of my favourite games that i have had the good fortune to play. Yes it is similar to Fallout 3 in ways but it's not completely identical and here are a few reasons why i love it:
- The weapons are much better than they were in 3, even without the addons
- Your companions are also better. The companion wheel is very useful
- The graphics are great
- The gameplay is fluid smooth
- The map is huuge
- The distance that you can see from one part of the map to another is astounding
- You can now make ammo and recycle used ammo at a reloading bench
- The realistic hardcore mode which is unlocked from the beginning of the game in which you need to sleep, drink and eat food. Also all of your ammo weighs so you have to keep these things in mind when travelling the Mojave Wasteland when hardcore mode is chosen. You can turn it on and off whenever you choose
- There is well over 70 hours of gameplay
- And the missions are awesome!
On the downside there are quite a few glitches and bugs. And like in Fallout 3 sometimes it freezes for no reason. There is one glitch that locks you out of 'The Strip' so when you try to get in through the main entrance it says it requires a key but as long as you don't finish the mission I Put A Spell on You found in NCR's 'Camp McCarren' then you can use the monorail that connects the two. The monorail is the only other way into The Strip apart from the main gate that i know of. Also, you need to do the quest 'The House Always Wins II' Before 'The House Always Wins I', i won't say why just encase i give some of the story away but make sure you do the second one first! My main tip would be to save the game every time you do something important until you are certain that you don't need to reload it, there are 100 save slots that you can fill up providing you have the memory on your Xbox.
So all in all, this a very good game with hours and hours of exiting missions. I would recommend it to everyone who hasn't played Fallout 3 and anyone who has and enjoyed it. Hope i helped you make a decision :)