As a long time fan of the Final Fantasy series, have all the games, I'm not a fan of this new take on the series.
- Great Graphics, as always Square does a tremendous job in the art and character design segment. Cutscenes are nice, and all very nicely polished.
- Story is well written and compelling.
- Repetitive, things are boring after a while, nothing changes much with the battle system, and after a lot of hours you're wanting something else.
- Characters are too alike, I liked the earlier games take on battles and each characters strength and/or weakness. Here they are all pretty much the same.
- Linearity, some of the best things about earlier FF's was the big worlds you could roam and immerse yourself in. Now you're more or less lead by the nose, and told a story. If I want to be told a story or read one, I'd read a book.
- Equipment, just hated the fact that you did not get new weapons that were upgrades from earlier ones. The whole upgrade system irked me.
This is just me though, but with this game I'm not gonna blindly buy another Sqaure rpg, as the last ones have been mediocre at best.