I have to say, I bought this expecting nothing special. I've never bought any kind of case that has actually impressed me enough to recommend it. This is different.
A lot has already been said in previous reviews, so I'll cover the concerns I had before buying it, that I can now comment on:
- Bulkiness. It actually adds surprisingly little bulk to the phone; I thought I'd buy it and struggle to fit it into my pocket, and would get sick of it. But no, it's just as easy to fit in my front jeans pocket as it was without the case.
- Grip. Those rubbery silicone cases you can buy are odd.. they make the phone slightly slippery to hold unless your hands are bone dry, but they also grip material, which makes putting them into jeans a very tedious process. The hard portion of this case covers most of the silicone under-layer with solid plastic, and despite this being superb to hold in terms of grip, it doesn't have problems sliding into and out of my pocket quickly. This was a major concern before I bought it, and I'm impressed that this is not an issue with this case.
- Buttons. It leaves the face buttons open, which is good. The volume rocker is covered by silicone but you don't even notice it. The top power button has slightly ticker silicone covering it, which I've found to be great because I can't accidentally activate the screen when I slide it into my pocket now.
- Toughness. It feels tough, but without bulk. I've never used a case on any device that feels like it's going to protect said device as well as this one.
- Looks. It actually looks great; the exposed silicone areas meet uniformly with the edges of the plastic outer case. It just seems so well designed and doesn't make your phone look like an armoured tank either.
Overall, it's definitely worth the money. It's clear that some thought actually went into designing this; they didn't just shove a Desire into a mould and release some lousy, half-arsed attempt like a lot of companies seem to. Very impressed.