I bought this as 60GB just isn't enough for a PS3 after installing all the game files and have enough media files also.
I was amazed by how easy it was to install:
1) Get an external hard drive, and go to the PS3 menu and go to system settings then backup all data. (i removed all my media items to make it a more simple process, in all 23GB was backed up)
This will backup your download content, game saves and game installation data.
2) Sync your trophies with all your users
3) Turn off PS3, including mains and take out all cables.
4) Take off the cover on the side of the PS3 which holds the HDD.
undo blue screw, Ping out the metal tab, slide it to the right and remove the PS3 HDD.
5) Unscrew the casing and slide it out, and remove it with your new HDD, screw it back up, pop it back in, slide it to the left (all the way) screw in the blue screw and pop the cover back on.
6) Plug in all cables, turn on the PS3 and it will ask to format the PS3 (this actually took less than 5 seconds to format)
7) Your all done, so all you need to do is restore your system, which you do by going to the menu where you backed up your data, but go to restore. This process took 45min to do, so i sat back and watched abit of The Jeremy Kyle Show.
And your done! everything is backed up, minus the system files ect... you have about 250GB left of storage!!!