Introduction to Gift Vouchers
What are gift vouchers?
Gift vouchers are a convenient way of sending an instant gift. They are redeemable against the entire range of products on the Play.com website including purchases made with PlayTrade sellers.
How do gift vouchers work?
Play.com gift vouchers are sent to the recipient via email. The vouchers contain a unique code which is entered at the checkout to pay or part pay for your purchase.
Gift vouchers can be sent directly to any person with an email address. Alternatively you can send the gift voucher to your own email address, allowing you to print it out and hand it to the recipient personally. The recipient must have an email address and a valid credit/debit card in order to open a Play.com account and redeem the voucher.
If you receive a gift voucher, make sure you save the email or keep a record of the code to enable you to redeem it.
Are the Gift Vouchers available for use on all products?
Yes, gift vouchers can be redeemed on any Play and PlayTrade purchases.
Buying Gift Vouchers
How do I buy a gift voucher for someone?
Buying is simple, click here to purchase a gift voucher now.
How are the vouchers delivered to the recipient?
The vouchers are delivered to the recipient by email only. They contain a voucher code which is entered at the checkout to redeem the value of the gift voucher against the value (or part value) of the purchase.
Can I print the voucher off and give it to someone as a present or forward the voucher email?
Yes, because the vouchers are transferable, you can give the voucher to someone else. You can also forward the voucher to another email address. In order to redeem the voucher, the final recipient must have an email address and a valid credit/debit card.
What do the vouchers look like?
Click here to see an example of the Play.com gift voucher.
What denominations can I buy gift voucher in?
You can buy vouchers in any denomination from £5 to £200.
Can I buy gift voucher for someone in dollars or euros?
No, not at this time. Only pounds sterling gift voucher are available.
Can I cancel a gift voucher I’ve bought?
When you buy a gift voucher you have a cool-off period of half an hour in which to cancel the order if you change your mind. During the half-hour cool-off period you may cancel an order or change the recipient. Once this period ends we process the gift voucher order and your credit/debit card will be charged.
I have purchased a gift voucher but the recipient hasn’t received it
Normally, gift voucher are delivered within one hour, however at busy periods it can take up to 24 hours. Be sure that the recipients email address is correct and that they are allowed to receive HTML emails. Some HTML emails will automatically go into a ‘Junk Mail’ folder so if nothing is received please check this folder. If 24 hours has passed and the gift voucher is not in the 'Junk Mail' folder then you should then contact Customer Support on 0845 800 1020.
Redeeming a Gift Voucher
Do I have to be a Play.com customer already to receive a gift voucher?
No, you don't but you need to register for the first time when you redeem your gift voucher (a credit card is required to create an account).
How do I redeem a gift voucher that I’ve received?
It’s simple to redeem a gift voucher, which can be done during the checkout process. Add the product(s) you want to your shopping basket by pressing the “Buy” button. Click “Checkout” when you are finished shopping and you will be presented with an option to redeem your gift voucher after signing in or registering.
What products can I redeem Gift Vouchers on?
Gift vouchers can be redeemed on any of the products that are listed on the Play.com website, including items listed by PlayTrade sellers.
Can the voucher being used be redeemed against more than one product in the same purchase?
Yes, you can redeem the gift voucher against more than one product.
Can gift vouchers be redeemed against Express or First Class delivery costs?
Yes, you can redeem gift vouchers against Express or First Class delivery costs.
What are the expiry dates on the vouchers?
Gift vouchers expire one year after the date they are issued. The expiry date is listed on the gift voucher email.
What happens if the Gift Voucher value is higher than the price of the product(s) I’m buying? Do I get "change?"
Yes, we will email you a new gift voucher to the value of the remaining funds you have after you check out. Ensure that you keep the new gift voucher email you receive safe as it is not stored in your account.
What happens if the value of the gift voucher I have received is lower than the price of the product(s) I’m buying?
The balance can be paid by credit/debit card or with PlayFunds.
I have been sent a Gift Voucher but it hasn’t arrived
Gift vouchers normally take one hour to be delivered, but at busy times it can take up to 24 hours. It is worth checking your junk mail folder to ensure that it hasn't been inadvertently filtered as junk email. If you still have not received it please ask the person who purchased the voucher to contact Customer Support.
I have not received my change voucher
Be sure to check your junk mail folder and settings to ensure that it hasn’t been inadvertently filtered to your junk email folder. If you still have not received it you should contact Customer Support.
What do I do if I’ve lost my gift voucher email?
If the voucher has not been used the person who purchased the voucher needs to contact Customer Support.
What do I do if I’ve lost my change voucher email?
If the voucher has not been used then you will need to contact Customer Support.
Can I obtain a refund on a gift voucher I’ve received?
No, refunds cannot be given on gift vouchers.
What can I do if I’ve forgotten to apply a gift voucher I have, to an order I have already placed?
Unfortunately, you cannot amend your order to add a gift voucher once you have placed it.
If I cancel an order which was paid for using a gift voucher (either in full or in part) what happens?
You will receive an email with a new gift voucher code for use with a future purchase.
Can I use a promotional "Discount Voucher" at the same time as a gift voucher?
No, this is currently not possible.
Can I use gift vouchers on a purchase if I also use PlayFunds?
Yes, you can.
Gift Voucher Terms & Conditions
- These conditions apply to gift vouchers which have been purchased from Play.com.
- Gift vouchers have a claim code with a 16 digit combination of letters and numbers and can be redeemed at Play.com on any purchase made in GBP sterling. For the moment, they are not redeemable on purchases made in Euros. They are also not redeemable on purchases from Playusa.com.
- If the value of an order exceeds the value of the voucher the balance must be paid by either credit/debit card or PlayFunds.
- If the full amount of the voucher is not redeemed, the balance will be given by way of a new voucher. Gift voucher balances and refunds are also subject to these terms and conditions and are additionally not assignable or transferable.
- Gift vouchers cannot be used to buy further gift vouchers.
- It is possible to redeem one or more gift vouchers against an order; however, it is not possible to combine the use of gift vouchers with promotional and discount vouchers.
- Gift vouchers and unused portions expire one year from the date of issue of the original gift voucher. Gift vouchers are transferable and have a cash redemption value of 0.001p. Gift voucher balances and refunds are not transferable and also have a cash redemption value of 0.001p.
- Play terms and conditions of purchase for using the Play.com website apply, as PlayTrade's terms and conditions apply to the purchase of PlayTrade's items.
- Please note that age limitations apply to the purchase of products with gift vouchers: recipients who are under 18 must be made aware that they cannot order products that are restricted to adult customers.