We are unable to accept returns without a Returns Authorisation Number.
Please follow the steps below to obtain a RAN before sending us your item(s). We require these in order to be able to identify which returned item belongs to who and why they are being returned.
"I don't want my purchase" - Refunds
You are entitled in Law to return any purchase within 7 working days of receipt. The intention is to put you in the same position as would be the case if you bought the product from a store which means you can inspect the product and return it unused. In such circumstances we will refund the price paid but you must pay the
cost of return. If the returned item is damaged, or in a condition that is different from the condition in which it was sent to you, we will issue a partial refund. For large or heavy items we can arrange courier collection and the cost of that collection will be deducted from your refund. Where the product is faulty we will cover the cost of the return, however, customers must consult with us before arranging any return where the cost will be higher than £5.95
"I don't want my purchase" - Exchanges
- Within 28 days of the date you received the item(s), we will also take products back in exchange for
other products of similar or greater value.
- The products must be unused and returned in "as new" condition, preferably in original packaging.
- The cost of shipping will be your responsibility.
- Please note that this is an exchange policy and cash refunds will not be given.
- Please also note that an administration fee of £3.95 will apply when returning goods for exchange outside of the 7-day period.
- These terms do not affect your statutory rights in the event of faulty goods.
"My product is faulty"
We will exchange, repair or refund a product which develops a defect within the first 28 days of the date you
received it. After 28 days and within its warranty period, we will arrange for a repair or replacement. For your convenience, we have produced a simple label with our returns address label which you should print and enclose within the package; see "how to request a return" below.
Electrical products purchased from BabySecurity are covered by a minimum of a 6-month guarantee or as per the manufacturer's warranty. Other products including, gates, guards, locks and latches are covered
by a 6-month guarantee. You must ensure returned goods are suitably packaged to avoid damage in transit as we will not accept responsibility for any such damage that occurs. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Please do not state products are faulty when requesting returns unless there is a genuine fault, as you will have to pay the cost of shipping non-faulty products back to you.
How to Request a Return
To request to return an item, please message us on Play.com, make sure to include your name, order number, the product description and the reason for return.
Once your return is authorised we will provide you with an email including all of the information you need to get your return back to us.
- We do not accept returns without a Returns Authorisation Number. Please follow the steps above to obtain a RAN before sending us your item(s).
- We cannot accept responsibility for Returns until they arrive safely in our warehouse.
- It may take up to 14 days from receipt in our warehouse for each individual return to be processed.
- We will only refund the reasonable cost of transit/postage (up to £5.95) where goods are confirmed faulty
or when the return was due to an error on our part.
Furniture ReturnsIn Order to collect any furniture piece or set a non-refundable collection charge of at least £145 will be applied. When returning a room set that has been assembled to your liking within your home the Online Shopping 7 day cooling off period does not apply, please ensure you are happy with the installation before the Tradesmen leave the premises. Please note returned furniture must be in pristine condition.