Hello, we're Lights4fun, a family run business from Harrogate in North Yorkshire
started in 2003 with one member of staff, a few 'waving Santa' lights, a
huge bag of enthusiasm and a mail order catalogue. We've grown a little
since then and now make lights & decorations with our quest to keep
finding innovative and quality products for our customers.
success and future is down to one thing: satisfied customers. We are
totally committed to sourcing quality products and delivering
exceptional customers service as we strive toward our goal to become the
largest retailer of decorative and festive lights in Europe.
strive to bring our customers party lights and accessories that are
great value, great quality and fun. Selling online helps us keep our
prices competitive but it's the quality that keeps our customers coming
back. Most of our product include a 12 month guarantee and are designed
to last. But what's really important is that our products are fun, so we
work hard to bring you innovative and unusual items that aren't
available anywhere else and are guaranteed to make you smile.
saw the highest temperature ever recorded in the UK (38.5 ??C), Morgan
Spurlock documented his 30 day fast food diet and most notably, the
Christmas Lights Company was born.
With somewhat limited retail
knowledge and a handful of traditional Christmas lights, Tim Naughton
started what is now Lights4fun on his kitchen table at home in
Harrogate. Flashing, waving & climbing lights (you know the ones)
filled the 2003 Christmas Lights Company catalogue and after a sales
book full of happy customers, 2004 saw a continued growth but with some
started his quest because he was fed up with poor quality lights from
local garden centres and stores, thus ensuring various frustrating
evenings of changing bulbs in British winter weather. After 2003 Tim
soon realised that there was a huge demand for better quality Christmas
lighting, however the product from the UK was still the same as years
before. Skip forward 2 years and in 2005 the Christmas Lights Company
was changed to Lights4fun, and Tim was manufacturing in China.
High quality and better prices and a brand spanking new website
Lights4fun.co.uk appeared in 2005. (We also had a rather colourful logo
which you'll find on our Facebook page timeline).
From 2005 to
present day, Lights4fun has moved offices 3 times, delivered nearly 1
million parcels to our fantastic customers, and continues to grow a
family run business. We've broken down the years into sizable chunks
below where the journey continues and old fashion mistakes are exposed.
From then to now
- We only offer low voltage lights for indoor use, still the only retailer to do this.
- Lulu the flat-coat retriever gets a bed in Tim's office.
- New website launched in June featuring our blue branding.
- Energy efficient premium quality LED outdoor lights arrive! Lot's of thrilled customers.
- Oops! Pink lights arrive as UV instead. Panic over as these turn out to be a best seller and we still stock these today.
- Another new website arrives! This time black and green.
- Lights4fun launches in France on eBay & Amazon.
- We move to our Victoria Avenue office, beautiful architecture & no lift!
needs carpet? Matt goes mad at Ikea and buys everyone green shag pile
rugs for their work stations. (Matt has not been shopping since).
- Millie the flat-coat puppy arrives. Lulu isn't impressed.
- We move again?? this time our Hornbeam Park HQ, twice the office space and parking for everyone - at last!
- August sees Lights4fun Germany launch on eBay and Amazon.
- Lights4fun introduces Halloween to the website with huge success.
- Millie finds a phone line far too tempting and sends us down for a day. Lessons learned with a backup plan now in place.
- Huge snowfall brings Christmas deliveries to a standstill for 2 weeks.
- We reach 14 full time members of staff for Christmas, all taking orders on the phones!
- Records sales for the Christmas period.
- We hit 1000 followers on twitter! Twit-twoooo.
- Jubilee decorations go out as fast as they come in.
- Wedding & party decorations arrive to expand the range.
- New website finally arrives, a complete reversal back to white.
- Millie and Lulu get new beds in the office.